MEF Endowment: Our First $1 Million
Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Warren Buffett
With the creation of the Moraga Education Foundation Endowment, that tree was planted, and today we are seeing the branches extending to create a framework for the shade our children will enjoy in the years to come. The Endowment saw a rejuvenation of enthusiasm and funding during the 2015-2016 campaign. By the end of the campaign, the Endowment Fund surpassed the halfway mark toward its original $1 million goal. With continued emphasis, MEF hopes to meet that goal in the near future and looks forward to seeing the benefits of the Endowment that was started by those who saw a vision of how education in Moraga schools could be impacted by long-term, stable funding.
Please click here to view FAQ’s about the MEF Endowment Fund, such as:
· What is the MEF Endowment Fund?
· What kinds of core and enrichment programs will the Endowment Fund support?
· How does the Endowment Fund work?
· How is a gift to the Endowment Fund different from an annual gift?
· Why can’t the state fund these programs?
· How are the funds in the Endowment Fund invested?
· Who are the managers of the Endowment Fund?
· How big is the Endowment Fund and what is the goal?
· How can the Endowment Fund realistically reach $3,000.000 and beyond?
· How much will the cash distributions to the schools amount to?
· What ways can I give to the Endowment Fund?